We appreciate your donation of volunteer time
Lanark County Interval House has a number of interesting, fun, and rewarding volunteer opportunities for you to explore.
- As Good As New Thrift Store
- Board Member
- Family Court Support Program
- Opportunities for High School Students
We encourage you to embrace one or more of the following opportunities:
- Working in the As Good As New Store (our quality second hand clothing shop)
- Driving women and their children to appointments
- Helping with property maintenance at the shelter
- Organizing and/or working at special events
- Supporting staff and women and their children in the shelter
- Working in the Children’s Program
- Doing community outreach
- Helping with Office administration
- Joining a committee
- Becoming a board member
If you have a special skill, talent, profession or passion please contact us to see how you could share with our organization. Women and children could benefit greatly from your love of the arts, knowledge of bookkeeping and filling out income tax forms, hairdressing skills, cooking experience and so much more!
The Volunteer Process
To learn more about our rewarding volunteer opportunities please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
Board of Directors
LCIH is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors. All of our board members identify as women and are committed to supporting our feminist mission and vision to promote the equality of all women and ending all forms of violence against women and children.
Women with knowledge and expertise or experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply: fundraising, policy development, legal/liability matters, human resources, financial planning and management, governance and more. To better represent our broader community, we encourage and welcome applications from women of colour, women with disabilities, women from diverse cultural communities and women who have used our services and have been out of counseling for two years or more.
If you are interested in applying to join the LCIH board, please email your resumé or letter of intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact Valerie Martin: email@example.com.