Thank you for wanting to help provide needed items for the women and children who use our services. Without generous support from the community, we cannot do what we do. As a guideline, we’ve put together a wish list of many items that we purchase regularly. We would gratefully accept these as donations:
- Children’s lunch items (fruit bars, cereal bars, fruit cups, puddings, juice boxes, cookies, sandwich bags, tinfoil)
- Non perishable food items (canned vegetables, canned mushrooms, pasta, pasta sauces, canned tomatoes, hot and cold cereals, condiments….ketchup, mustard, barbecue sauce … miracle whip, cheese whiz, jam, peanut butter)
- Baby products (diapers – sizes 3-6, pull ups, baby wipes, children’s shampoo, rash cream, baby monitor (new), night light)
- Laundry soap, dish soap, laundry fabric sheets, bleach
- Kitchen items (garbage bags, large spoons/spatulas)
- Bedroom items (single and double sheets, crib linen, pillows)
- Household and Cleaning items (Liquid Laundry Detergent (HE), Windex, Dish Soap, Kleenex, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, *Batteries of all sizes, Rubber gloves)
- Gift Certificates are extremely helpful and allow us to put to greatest need:
- General Office supplies (coloured photo copy paper, postit notes, paper, postage stamps)
For hygienic and health and safety reasons we accept donations of new items only. If you have used donations, please take them to LCIH’s thrift store – the As Good As New Store at 33 Bridge Street in Carleton Place. 613-257-7074. Our women and children are able to access these items plus 100 per cent of any proceeds made at the store are put towards our operating costs.
If you have large items to donate – appliances (stoves, fridges, freezers), furniture (beds, tables, couches), or electronics (televisions, stereos etc.) please bring them the The Rebound Re-use it Centre at 2470 Ramsey Con 8, Almonte, ON K0A 1A0 -(613) 256-1700
We thank you for your kindness. Your generosity makes it possible for us to continue to provide support to women and kids throughout our community.
To make a donation to the shelter, please call 613-257-3469 to make arrangements.