Lanark County Interval House was appointed to provide the role of Family Court Support Worker to Lanark County.
Family Court Support Workers provide direct support to victims of domestic violence who are involved in the family court process.
A Family Court Support Worker will:
- provide information about the family court process
- help victims prepare for family court proceedings
- refer victims to other specialized services and supports in the community
- help with safety planning, such as getting to and from court safely
- accompany the victim to court proceedings, where appropriate.
For more information about the Family Court Support Worker Program call 613-257-3469 ext 63.
Family Court Support Volunteer Training
In 2013, LCIH developed a training program to engage volunteers to support in the supporting women through the family court process.
Download the Family Court Support Training Manual – LCIH-FCSP.VolunteerTraining.Facil Guide.Final.2013-08-30